Friday, October 14, 2005

A workday rant

NO, I will NOT fix your computer!

God, I'd love to say those words to some people! Working in a corporation and having to deal with people who shouldn't be near anything more technical that a dishrag can be frustrating, to say the very least. At most, you KNOW why some people go postal. And it's not just for the notoriety, but the satisfaction (I can only imagine...). OK, OK, I'm kidding. Geez...some people. I don't have these violent fantasies, but sometimes you have to wonder.

Why does anyone accept a job and then not know the least little thing about working with the equipment? Who hires these people too, that's another question. I know that in our HR dept., technology is a long way from something they're familiar with. So I guess it's not surprising that the people they hire couldn't find the button side of a mouse. But still...in this day and age, shouldn't the least familiarity with a computer be something that is expected when applying for or hiring for an open position. Especially when you're going to be sitting in front of that computer for most of your work day. Maybe sitting in front of is the operable phrase here, not using or trying to understand what that box actually does. Or how you have to remember your password, and IT WILL CHANGE occasionally. Then, you have to remember the NEW one for a period of time. Is that so hard to figure out????

Can you tell my work days are positive and fulfilling????

No comments: